Home > Partners in Education > P1 Registration - Phase 2B PV Scheme
P1 Registration - Phase 2B PV Scheme
MOE Primary 1 Registration Phases and Procedures,
Please click here to find out more on MOE Primary 1 Registration Phases and Procedures
GRPS 2018/2019 Phase 2B Parent Volunteer (PV) Registration Procedures
(For P1 pupils’ intake in 2020)
(Children born between 2 Jan 2013 - 1 Jan 2014)Application opens on: 1 March 2018
Application closes on: 18 May 2018Please click here to download the Phase 2B Parent Volunteer Application Form
Terms and Conditions
1. Applicants whose children are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents are eligible
to apply under Phase 2B.
2. All application forms must be duly completed and submitted in hardcopy to the General Office
by the closing date. (Attention to: Ms Doris Sng, Admin Manager). Emails and fax copies
will not be accepted.
3. The school reserves the right to close the application early before the stipulated date if
response from parents is overwhelming.
4. Kindly note that all applications are subject to the school’s selection process prior to successful enrolment into the Phase 2B PV scheme. The school reserves the right to short-list applicants
it deems fit to meet the needs of the school or reject applicants whose services are not required.
Most of the service areas required by school are to be performed on site and during weekdays.
Working parents are advised to consider their availability before completing the application form.
5. Parents can share volunteering hours. E.g. mother completes 30 hours of service and father
completes the remaining 10 hours of service. However, they are not allowed to enlist help from
other people (eg grandparents, maids, friends, relatives etc) to clock the hours for them.
Both parents can come for the same event and clock in hours separately (e.g. both father and
mother may come for a 2 hr learning journey and each can clock in 2 hours separately).
6. To be eligible for Phase 2B registration, parent volunteers must complete at least 40 hours of volunteer service before the Primary One Registration Exercise. The school will not be held
responsible in the event that the parent volunteer is not able to fulfill the minimum 40 hours
of voluntary services and hence not able to meet the requirement for registration at Phase 2B
of the Primary One Registration Exercise. Under such circumstances, the parent may wish to
register his/her child under Phase 2C.
7. A successful parent volunteer applicant is not guaranteed a place in our school. Balloting will be conducted in the event that the number of applications for Phase 2B exceeds the number
of vacancies available.
8. A parent volunteer can be terminated by the school anytime if he/she is found to have provided false information and/or behaves in a manner contrary to the school’s values and policies while
serving the school.
9. A parent volunteer who wishes to withdraw from the Phase 2B Parent Volunteer Scheme can do
so by writing to school or sending an email: email@example.com.
10. The Primary One Registration Exercise is subject to the terms and conditions laid down by the
Ministry of Education.
Balloting Procedure will be as follows:
Since the 2012 P1 Registration Exercise, when balloting is necessary in a specific phase, Singapore
Citizens (SCs) will be given absolute priority over Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs).
SCs and PRs will continue to be eligible for the same phases, and all applicants will be admitted if
the total number of applications in any phase does not exceed the number of vacancies. However,
if the number of applications exceeds the number of vacancies in a specific phase, SCs will be admitted
first ahead of PRs, before home-school distance is considered.
Should the number of SC applications exceed the number of vacancies in a specific phase; places will be balloted according to the home-school distance category in the following order of priority.
(a) Children living within 1 km of the school of choice (b) Children living between 1 km and 2 km of the school of choice (c) Children living outside 2 km of the school of choice
Should the number of SC applications be less than the number of vacancies in a specific phase, all SCs
will be admitted first. The remaining vacancies in that phase will be balloted amongst the PRs based
on the above homeschool distance category.
Last updated: 28 Feb 2018